Students at McGuffey School District work to solve the 21st Century problem of sustainable agriculture through breeding and growing their own organic food. Each building in the district has a greenhouse equipped with an aquaponic growing system for leaf lettuce and Tilapia.
What we learned (but didn't expect):
- It's really fun to grow your own food.
- Small fish can fit through the water pump, so choose your fish carefully!
- Always teach your custodians first because they will help you when something goes wrong.
- "Sadly, you cannot eat this Raspberry Pi" -Elliana (student)
- "I'm really learning a lot of science in the greenhouse." - Abby (student)