WELCOME to the 2016/2017 school year! One of the most important things your child can do to achieve academic success is also one of the most basic: going to school every day. In fact, research has shown that your child's attendance record is one of the biggest factors influencing his or her academic success! So please make sure your child is in school every day unless they absolutely have to miss. Below are key points concerning attendance from the student handbook:
- Excuses must be turned in within (3) three days of the absence or the absence will be considered an illegal absence.
- After the accumulation of three (3) unexcused absences, a referral may be made to Children and Youth Services and/or the District Magistrate.
- Each day of unexcused absence may result in classroom failure for that day.
- After 10 absences, a doctor’s excuse is required or the absence will be marked as unexcused.
- Students must bring in a note signed by a parent in order to be dismissed early.
- All early dismissals will be marked as unexcused until the student brings a medical or legal excuse.
- Students must be in homeroom on time or they will be considered tardy.
- Students are not permitted to have more than five (5) unexcused tardies per grading period.
- Tardies will be considered excused if a medical excuse is submitted.
If you have any questions about your child’s attendance, you may reach Sharon Laffey at (724)948-3328 X3012 or email at email@example.com. To send a fax: (724)948-3344.