Members of the McGuffey School District community are encouraged to participate in school board meetings during the "Public Comment" section of the meeting. The "Public Comment" section is held near the beginning of the meeting and is initiated by the President of the School Board. Once the "Public Comment" section is initiated, attendees of the meeting can use the "Raise Hand" feature of the webinar controls to indicate they wish to participate in the meeting. The host of the meeting will allow attendees to unmute their microphones one at a time to participate in the meeting. If you wish to participate in the "Public Comment" section, you will need to register for the Zoom Webinar in advance in order to receive information about joining the webinar as an attendee.
McGuffey School District highly values the input of residents in making important decisions that impact children attending McGuffey School District. Public comment on agenda items provides residents with an opportunity to share their input with the Board of Directors. Commentary should be addressed to the Board as a whole, not to individual board members, the Superintendent, individual staff members, nor the audience. Please be sure to state your name, email address and township where you reside when you sign in to address the board. There will be a strict seven (7) minute allowance for agenda items and five (5) minute allowance for non-agenda items for each individual who has signed up to comment and you will receive a response from the Superintendent within 24-48 hours.
All public speakers are expected to treat each other and the Board of Directors with respect. Conduct should not interfere with others' ability to participate in meetings, hinder others' ability to provide commentary to the Board, nor impede the Board's ability to conduct business. In matters of disagreement, speakers should model for our students how one can respectfully disagree with others' views.
Here are some helpful tips to consider if you would like to participate in the meeting as an attendee:
- Registration information will be posted on this page on the Monday of the week the board meeting is being held.
- Registration information will be posted in the News section of the McGuffey School district website at least 24 hours in advance of the upcoming meeting.
- Phone attendees will be unable to make public comments during the meeting.
- Register in advance to obtain joining information prior to the start of the meeting.
- Test your audio connection in advance to ensure your microphone is working properly.
- There is a seven minute time limit on each attendee's "Public Comment".
- The host will allow your microphone to be unmuted one time during the meeting for the purpose of "Public Comment".
- Once you participate in the "Public Comment" section of the meeting and your microphone has been muted, you should use the "Lower Your Hand" function in the Zoom Webinar Control Panel.