WELCOME to the school year!
Research has shown that your child's attendance record is one of the biggest factors influencing his or her academic success! So please make sure your child is in school every day unless they absolutely have to miss. Below are key points concerning attendance from the student handbook:
All absences require an excuse written by a parent/guardian or medical professional.
After the accumulation of three (3) or more unexcused absences, a referral may be made to Children and Youth Services and/or the District Magistrate.
EDUCATIONAL TRIP FORM:
Students who go on a trip during the school year are required to complete an educational trip form before departing: EDUCATIONAL TRIP FORM. One trip is permitted per school year. Without an educational trip form, those absences will be considered unexcused.
A maximum of ten (10) absences will be permitted during a school year. All absences beyond ten (10) days will require a medical excuse or the absence will be considered unexcused.
- Students must bring in a note signed by a parent/guardian to be dismissed early.
- All early dismissals will be marked as unexcused until the student brings a medical or legal excuse.
- Students must be in homeroom by 8:00 AM or they will be considered tardy.
- Students are not permitted to have more than five (5) unexcused tardies per grading period.
- Tardies will be considered excused if a medical excuse is submitted.
If you have any questions about your child’s attendance, you may reach Sharon Laffey at (724)948-3328 X3012 or email at [email protected]. To send a fax: (724)948-3344.