The role of the home school visitor and truancy officer is to bridge families, community resources, and the school district. The home school visitor engages in the following to serve our school community.
- Consults and collaborates with school personnel to identify students who are encountering significant barriers to learning and work to link students/families to school and community-based resources.
- Serves as a liaison between students, parents, teachers, counselors, and community agencies.
- Provides families with information and assistance to access appropriate community-based resources (MH/ID, Medical Assistance, financial assistance, etc.)
- Visits families' homes, including delivering materials and/or paperwork when transportation is a barrier.
- Creates positive working relationships with community-based agencies for the purpose of efficiently utilizing these services for students and their families.
- Collaborates with school personnel to design a district-wide plan for early intervention for at-risk students.
- Collaborates with school personnel to design a district-wide truancy prevention/intervention program.
- Monitors students' attendance and implements the district's attendance procedures.