This information will help you to use PowerSchool, the online student grade and attendance access system. PowerSchool is easy to use and will allow you to take a more active role in your child’s education. It offers real-time access to grades, attendance, homework assignments and other class information. You can also email your child’s teachers through PowerSchool. Access to PowerSchool is available anytime and anywhere with an internet connection.
To enter the PowerSchool program:
- Click on the Parent Portal at the bottom of this screen or choose the PowerSchool Link from the Parents or Students Dropdown menu at the top of every screen on the district website.
- On the Power School login page, enter your username and password.
- If you have more than one child in the McGuffey School District, Single Sign-On allows you to create one parent account to view multiple student accounts.
**Remember** Parent login and password are confidential and should not be shared with anyone. Students have their own login to PowerSchool, so you shouldn’t give your information to them.
Access to PowerSchool is available 24/7 through the internet. Please allow teachers time to update grades and information. As always, if you ever have a question about your son’s or daughter’s progress, please contact teachers or administrators.
Additional information about PowerSchool can be found at www.powerschool.com
Using the PowerSchool App
PowerSchool has a smartphone and tablet app for Apple and Android users. To install the app, log into your parent account and click on the buttons to “Get it on the App Store.” There is a code that you will need to link your account to McGuffey Schools. It appears in the Parent Portal as well just above the links for the applications.
Review Your Settings
It is important to update your contact information in your PowerSchool portal so that district communications reach you in a timely manner. Please check the following:
Account Preferences: Located on the left side of the parent portal page. Be sure your email address is up to date. This emails is commonly used for sending notifications to parents.
How to Access Student Grades, Class Assignments, and Attendance
- Log- in to Power School.
- You will see a menu bar at the top of the page and also a complete listing of all of your child’s courses, teachers, grades and attendance information. By clicking on the teacher’s name, you can send an email to your child’s teacher. To use this feature, your computer must be set up to send emails from your browser.
- The blue links give you information about your student. If you click on any of them, they will take you to another screen that displays a list of individual assignments, projects, or class information. Click on those underlined items to find out the details for the assignment. The date at the bottom of the screen shows you the last time the information was updated.
- To return to the first screen, click on the Grades and Attendance button on the top of the page or click on the PowerSchool graphic.
- The Grades and Attendance screen also shows when your students was tardy or absent. Click on Attendance History to see your child’s attendance record. On days when school isn’t in session, a dash will appear. Click on the numbers in blue to see the days and classes when your son or daughter was late or absent.
- If your child is in middle or high school, you can also view the grades your child earned after the first semester ended by clicking on the icon Grades History.
How to Send an Email to Your Student’s Teacher
- Go to the Grades and Attendance screen or the Teachers Comments screen. Click on the teacher’s name. Remember, your computer must be set to send emails from your browser