Related services help children with disabilities benefit from their special education by providing extra help and support in needed areas, such as speaking or moving. Related services can include, but are not limited to, any of the following services listed below.
McGuffey School District either employs professionals certified/licensed in these areas or contracts with the Intermediate Unit or another agency to ensure our students are provided with qualified personnel to deliver these related services.
More information about the federal regulations regarding related services can be found here.
- speech-language pathology and audiology services
- interpreting services
- psychological services
- physical and occupational therapy
- recreation, including therapeutic recreation
- early identification and assessment of disabilities in children
- counseling services, including rehabilitation counseling
- orientation and mobility services
- medical services for diagnostic or evaluation purposes
- school health services and school nurse services
- social work services in schools
- parent counseling and training